When you are through reading this review, close this window to return to the QRP Rigs index - or - click here to go to my home page if you came here from elsewhere.
Reviews of QRP Rigs
This review of the TenTec 1340 transceiver was contributed by Don Novy, N4VZD.
I read though my TenTec Kit catalog and was impressed with their QRP CW XCEIVER kits. I ordered and built their 40 meter CW Xceiver kit Model 1340.
1. It's a great, complete kit and the instruction book is FB!
2. It is NOT a kit for beginners, but you don't need a lot of kit-building experience to do the job. (I'm a veteran Heathkit builder of more than 20 of their kits).
3. Follow the book and "Special Bulletin" sheets succinctly and the various phase progress testing steps, as well as the toroid coil winding directions, and you'll have no trouble.
4. Typical of any kit-building, check and recheck your work, phase-by-phase, with any kit you build.
5. I was fortunate to complete the kit with NO problems and had my 1st QSO with it with N8ME, another QRP'er!
6. I realize that this is not a "technical" review, but my antenna tuner tells me that the SWR is great with my multi-band dipole & Cushcraft R7 vertical antennas and the power output is about 4.7 watts.